Friday, February 27, 2015

Mr. Sassy Pants And Lung Inhalation

You know it's an off day when you have your hands inside a moose heart and get sassed by a teacher in a matter of two hours. Honestly, I feel bad for substitute teachers sometimes. Obviously their pay sucks, they're normally uptight, and more often then not they are given an extremely hard time. Today, after remembering that we were having a sub, I entered my choir class with a heavy heart. I recalled having this certain sub before, but was still not happy about it. There are these two girls who sit behind me who I'm sure annoy the heck out of everybody. Clearly the only reason they signed up for choir was for the easy A, and it's expressed in the fact that all they do is pass notes and giggle like complete idiots. Obnoxious people affect my brain like nothing else, so these two are part of the reason I don't look forward to choir. Anyway, all the sub wanted to do was get class started, and actually start singing. You know, because, it's choir class, and I could see the red of anger rising in his face. He wanted us to sing along to an accompaniment, but he did not know the music well, and didn't know when to cue is. We missed the beginning of the lyrics 3 or 4 times, and he told us to pay attention to our sheet music. Now, my anger was rising at this point, and I pointed out to him that A, we were used to being cued, and B, we couldn't read music. Well, guess what? Mr. Sassy Pants responded with a snotty, "Well, maybe you should learn to read music then." Very adult of you sir, I greatly appreciate your overflowing maturity.



 However, I assure you that the tail end of this rant/day overview is much better. Next hour was science, and our class was eagerly looking forward to dissecting moose hearts and lungs. Of course, I myself was excited. There were also the typical squeamish kids, but that's beside the point and a rant for another day. I entered the science classroom, smelling blood and something I couldn't detect. Maybe it was whatever internal organs smell like. I don't have experience with that, as I shouldn't. As my teacher started to dissect the heart, I swear the entire class let out a sigh of amazement. I even got to hold it! However, why on earth would I be telling you this if it didn't have some comedic moment? I wouldn't, would I? After observing the heart, my instructor led us over to the lungs, and showed us how the lungs expanded and contracted by blowing into a tube. I kid you not, he accidentally inhaled some blood and lung bits. Being right next to him, it was actually quite disgusting, but a room full of students had a good laugh over that.

No comments:

Post a Comment