Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Truth About Dogs

Today was just one of those days. You know, wondering what you're doing with your life, being bored out your skull, and what's one way to fix that? Movies! I was casually flipping through channels, when one of my favorite comedies, Marley And Me popped up on the guide. I only planned to watch a little bit of it, but naturally after a half an hour I was thoroughly invested. If you have seen this movie, and I don't doubt this (If you haven't, for the love of God, stop reading and rent that sucker.) you will know and remember the fantastic tear jerking ending. If you have an ounce of empathy in your soul you will cry at this movie every single time. It never ever fails, I'm telling you right now. These last ten minutes of cinematic perfection give you a rush of feels that not a lot of things can make you experience. (Except for every episode of Fairy Tail.)

Now, I have a dog. She is a nine month old yellow Labrador retriever, and her name is, fittingly, Peaches. This is her a few months ago.


 Adorable, right? I happened to be sitting right next to this little girl when I was watching the end of the movie, and as usual the waterworks started flowing. However, it really got me thinking. By words of John Grogan/Owen Wilson, "A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water logged stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his." Dogs will be there 110% of the time, and will never judge you. They love unconditionally, and are some of the only creatures that do. Humans come in and out of your life, and betray and hurt others. Dogs won't hurt a fly. When dogs are old, they'll sit on your lap and stare up at you like you're their whole world. When it's their time, they'll look at you like this, and let you know that you did a good job, and that they love you. I had an older dog who watched over me every minute when I was younger, always being there. Then one day, my Dad came to get me early from school, and a few hours later we said goodbye. I know she's chasing squirrels right now, wherever she is. Dogs don't live as long as humans, but they leave a bigger impact then humans ever could. That is the truth about dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment